Thank you for visiting my personal homepage!
My name is Alexander Junge, I am currently Head of Machine Learning at Corti where we bring machine learning to support conversations between healthcare professionals and patients where it matters most. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Before that, I worked as a Senior Data Scientist in pharmaceutical R&D at Novo Nordisk. In 2017, I obtained a PhD degree in RNA Bioinformatics and afterward I was a postdoctoral researcher in biomedical text mining. More information about me and my CV can be found below. You may furthermore be interested in my projects and publications I worked on during my time as a PhD student and postdoctoral researcher.
From time to time I also write about my research and general interests on my blog.
Other places to find me
- 07/2022–present: Head of Machine Learning at Corti ApS
- 11⁄2021–06/2022: Lead data scientist at Corti ApS
- 02/2019–10⁄2021: Senior data scientist in pharmaceutical R&D at Novo Nordisk A/S
- 04/2017–01/2019: Postdoctoral researcher in biomedical text mining at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. I am a member of the Cellular Network Biology group headed by Lars Juhl Jensen, PhD.
- 03/2014–03/2017: PhD student in theoretical and applied RNA Bioinformatics at the Center for non-coding RNA in Technology and Health (RTH) under the supervision of Jan Gorodkin, PhD.
- 10⁄2011–02/2014: Master of Science in Bioinformatics, Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany. Thesis supervisor: Dr Jan Baumbach
- 03/2013–08/2013: Research stay in the research group on Computational Biology at University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark.
- 08/2011–12⁄2011: Semester abroad, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden
- 10⁄2008–08/2011: Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics (Computational Molecular Biology), Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany. Thesis supervisor: Dr Dr Thomas Lengauer
- 08/2017–present: core group and board member of REBBLS (Rising Entrepreneurs in BioBusiness and Life Science)
- 01/2015–12⁄2016: Vice-Chair and Outreach Chair of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) Student Council
- 01/2015–03/2016: Co-founder and Secretary of CBioVikings — ISCB Regional Student Group Denmark
About this site
This website is a personal homepage. Contents contributed by Alexander Junge are licensed under CC BY 4.0.
The site is built with Hugo—a static site generator made with Go and blogdown. The website source code is available on GitHub and deployed via Netlify. It uses the cocoa-eh theme. The posts are written in Markdown.
If you find errors, please let me know by following one of the links in the footer of this website.